Structure of the researcher’s work in the centers of scientific research and research units at the ministry of higher education and scientific research
Article 1: the phrases mentioned in these instructions have the following meanings:
- Center of scientific research: A formation that conducts the tasks of scientific research and related to the university president, in which a range of teaching researchers and part-time instructors work in.
- Research unit: A formation that conducts the tasks of the scientific research, and related to the dean of the college in which a range of teaching researchers and part-time instructors work in.
III. Teaching researchers: University faculty members who work in the center for scientific research or the research unit.
Article 2: Tasks of teaching researcher at the center for scientific research or the research unit are defined as follows:
- Conducting researches and scientific studies commissioned by the center or the unit within its scientific and research plans individually or within research teams in accordance with the requirements of the center or the unit
- Teaching postgraduate and primary students and supervise theses and dissertations.
III. Providing scientific and technical consulting to state departments, socialist, mixed and private sectors in coordination with the advisory offices in ministries, universities and non-related ministry bodies.
- Participation in conferences and seminars held in and outside Iraq to stimulate scientific research in the center or the research unit and identification of his scientific achievements.
- Contribution in the programs for development of administrative and technical staffs through theoretical and applied courses of continuing education unit in various scientific specializations to develop their capacities and their performance efficiency.
- Writing and translating scientific books and publishing researches and studies in the field of his specialization to employ their findings in the service of development objectives.
VIII. Other tasks that are not entrusted to, relevant to the work of the center or the unit.
Article 3: The quorum of the teaching researcher in the center or the research unit of the research working hours is equal to the corresponding faculty member in the same scientific rank or the administrative position and the director of the center is treated like dean and director of the research unit, while the head of department at the center is treated like head of scientific department at the college.
Article 4: A form is arranged for each research including the degree of its complexity, importance, time, resources, expertise and money for implementation and in this light, hours are determined for each research, not less than (6) hours and not more than (12) research hours per week, except in special cases approved by the governing council of the center or the unit and validated by the university president or dean of the college for the unit.
Article 5: The teaching researcher at the center or the unit should submit at least (3) researches and no more than (4) researches annually, according to the importance and complexity of the scientific research and shall receive remuneration for overtime in excess of his quorum that are equal to the wages of overtime lectures at the college in accordance with his academic rank, not exceeding (40) overtime hours per week.
Article 6: In the case of contribution of more than one teaching researcher in one research, hours are calculated as follows:
- Two hours are discounted from the head of the research team.
- Three hours are discounted from the researcher if there are (2) associate researchers.
III. A half number of the hours are calculated for the second and the third teaching researchers if there are (3) as well as for other teaching researchers if there are more than (3) associate researchers.
- In the case of research projects of special nature that require large work teams, the governing council of the center or the unit would calculates the hours for associate researchers as required and provided that it is approved by the university president for the center and the dean of the college for the research unit.
- The center or the research unit assigns the teaching researcher for teaching and supervising graduate students, paying remuneration for overtime lectures, not more than (10) hours per week, excluding hours for supervising graduate students and graduation projects.
- The center or the research unit allows the teaching researcher to contract for conducting teaching researches in favor of state departments, socialist, mixed and private sectors in accordance with the law, provided that it is approved by the governing council of the center or the unit.
- Part-time instructor in the center or the research unit assigned to do research within the research plan of the center or the research unit is treated in the same method when calculating the research hours scheduled for his associates at the centers or the unit, not exceeding (50%) of the scheduled hours.
- Full-time teaching researcher in the center or the research unit is treated like the teaching researchers in the center or the unit when calculating the scheduled research hours.
Article 9: The quorum of the administrative employee whose presence is required with the teaching researcher in the center or the research unit, of those who don’t have academic ranks, is equal to twenty hours per week and he receives remuneration for overtime hours more than that.
Article 10: Voyages, explorations, field prospecting and surveys are calculated as overtime for teaching researchers assigned with in the center or the research unit and they receive remuneration for overtime hours for every day, not more than (6) overtime hours daily according to their academic ranks, not more than (24) hours per month.
Article 11: Scheduled weekly hours and the time required for completion of every research is calculated by the governing council of the center or the unit when approval of the research plan of the center or the unit at the beginning of the academic year or when approval of adding new researches for the plan or modifying it.
- A schedule is arranged for the research in which events are distributed for months or seasons and remuneration is paid for overtime hours according to the ratio of completion of its paragraphs and in case that there is something wrong in implementing the paragraphs according to the planned method, wages pay is stopped until overcoming that and increasing wages in case of acceleration.
- The teaching researcher is not allowed to conduct alternative researches only after completion of the planned research in the schedule.
III. The governing council of the center or the research unit would extend the scheduled durations for completion of the research, provided for in items (I) and (II) of this article, not more than the half duration, provided that it is approved by the university president for the center and the dean of the college for the research unit.
Article 13: Instructions of the researcher’s work structure in scientific research centers and research units at the ministry of higher education and scientific research, No. (140) in 2001 are repealed.
Article 14: To be implemented from the date of publication in the official journal.
Minister of higher education and scientific research
AL-Waqaa’ Al-Iraqi, No. 3946 in 2/9/2002